Saturday, July 2, 2022

It's ok to remember

 FB entry from March 4th 2022.

Sometimes I feel like people expect me to forget the year and a half of hell that I went through. As if I can just say it was in the past and not to think about it anymore. Not only can I not do that, I don't think it's healthy. We all need time and space to heal, to feel our losses in order to move on. I feel like my journey is a grief journey in many ways. We don’t come out of losses without grieving. Sometimes you have to break down the past to live in the present. I look forward and am thankful for the present, but sometimes I have to look back and allow myself to remember in order to process and move beyond my experiences. I’m in a pondering mode today, it hurts but it helps me process and move on. It makes me healthier to be real with where I’ve been and am today. I’m able to step beyond those hard times and see the present moments for what they are. A gift. Life is a gift. I’m thankful for today, and I’m thankful that yesterday is over and I’m still here.. living.

No comments:

Post a Comment