Saturday, July 2, 2022

He endured even though He knew

FB post from April 4th 2022. 

 I’ve been in a long season of a hardened heart that wants to be set free. It’s like the longing is there but I can’t make it happen. The sting of pain and what I thought was rejection had left me thinking God was a distant God who had favorites.

Lately I feel like God is reteaching me who He is and just how big His love is for me.
He knows my longing and He hears my cry. He knows what I need even when I myself don’t know what I need.
This Easter Season has been precious to me.
It’s as if He’s been whispering that His love has always Been the same.
As we lead up to His cruxifixction I have been thinking about how He knew what was set before Him. He knew His closest friends would reject Him, the ones He loved most would deny Him. . He knew He was about to face the greatest pain. He knew all of this yet He was willing. Yet He still broke bread with His friends, shared a meal with them, the very ones who would soon forsake Him. And He thanked God. He did this in His human form, This was fully feeling the weight of it all. He still loved. He was willing to endure the greatest pain.
He did that for us, not in our worthiness but with full knowledge of how unworthy we are.
He endured the ultimate brokenness so He could then come back to set our brokenness right. What love.

No comments:

Post a Comment