Saturday, July 2, 2022

He knows

 This week as I’ve remembered what things were like a year ago, I found myself sad and grieving. I just told a close friend yesterday that I just didn’t understand the darkness I went through and where God was at in it, that I knew He didn’t promise we wouldn’t suffer, He promised to be with us yet it’s been so hard to see Him in this.

I need the truth that I know in my mind to sink into my heart.
Today I read a writing on suffering and this scripture jumped out at me:
“… A man of sorrows and acquainted with grief; …
Surely our griefs He Himself bore,
And our sorrows He carried {to the cross}…” (Isaiah 53:3-4).
He actually knows what our suffering feels like and He feels it with us. This is so comforting to me. I appreciate that He continues to expand my understanding of who He is and how much He loves me, and how far He will/has gone to show me that love.

No comments:

Post a Comment