Saturday, July 2, 2022

But God

May 16 2021

 I think back to a year ago, things were very different than they are right now. I was so broken I remember thinking I’ll never be able to see or really love God again. I couldn’t stand to hear people even talk about Him because I felt so abandoned by Him. Fast forward to now...

All I can say is but God.
God was merciful, He sustained me, He alone spared my life, He has restored my soul.
I owe my life to Him.
I’m thankful for who He is and what He has done and what He continues to do.
I’m able to give Him more of myself, more fully, every day...
I’m grateful that I am more present in the beautiful moments God is giving me.
I still feel broken sometimes, I still get overwhelmed at the smallest things. I still can’t take much pressure or responsibility but I’m making progress and I’m growing and healing more every day. I’m becoming stronger and braver because of what Jesus is doing in me.
He takes what feels worthless and makes it worthwhile.
During this past year, He was there working, even though I was completely unaware and felt completely forsaken. He stayed present and active.
I was sure He had left me but really I just couldn’t see Him through the dark. The more the light breaks through, the more I can see Him shining through

No comments:

Post a Comment