Thursday, October 21, 2010

A hunger for His Word

A few days ago I asked Jesus to give me a new hunger for His Word. I had been enjoying my time in His Word so much but a couple months ago after an episode of depression I got out of starting my day with my bible and coffee and I've struggled to get back to His Word daily and really let Him speak through it. The times I have read I have struggled to stay focused or let Him speak to me through it.
I'm amazed at how quickly He answers that type of prayer. I mean it was 2 mornings ago and now I feel like I could devour the whole bible. He is so faithful to answer the prayers that are spoken in His name. He longs to have deep communion with Him.
I want to be more His and less of my own so that I will constantly be in communion with Him in such a way that I don't wonder when it will be when He answers but that I'll be so close to Him to hear His whispers back to me. It's becoming clear to me again how little I really do know Him. He is so precious and His love and Goodness so enduring and yet I try to accomplish things on my own. I am convicted at what a sin this is.
"Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit."
Psalms 51:10-12
He alone can save us. He is more than willing to love us and fill us with everything we need "for life and Godliness". Praise God!
"When Your Words came, I ate them. They were my joy and my Hearts delight." Jeremiah 15:16

No comments:

Post a Comment