Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sun son please shine through.

I'm ready for this cloud to lift, and the sun to shine through. It's a great day, church, a nap, Marc's watched football all afternoon. We've had special snacks/food for super bowl etc. Yet I'm sitting here holding off tears. I don't understand it. I just feel like it's an effort to stay engaged and not retreat. My heart wants to disconnect. To where I don't know. I just feel bad. Everything feels overwhelming again.
I feel guilty for feeling this way and not being able to just pull myself up out of it.

I'm saying these verses in my mind over and over.

Zeph. 3:17. The Lord your God is with you. He is mighty to save. He takes great delight in you and quiets you with His love. He rejoices over you with singing.

Jer.29:11
For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord. Plans of peace and not of evil. Plans to give you a future and a HOPE.

I know these verses to be true, God, Truth Himself spoke them in His Word and speaks them in our hearts every day..

Thank you Jesus that Your love and grace is not performance based. Keep helping me believe that. Help me to rest in your quiet love and receive Your beautiful grace.

3 comments:

  1. Becky, I'm sorry but somehow I missed seeing your post from yesterday in my reader until just now. Thank you for being so open about the struggles you face with your bi-polar depression. It helps me to better know how to pray for you. Any time that you have some specific needs that you want prayed about, please, don't ever hesitate to ask.

    hugs to you,
    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianna, you are a precious gift sent straight from our Father, as an answer to my prayer-- to have someone to connect with to pray for her and she for me. You are that blessing in a very sweet way. Thank you just for reading my heart, my struggles, and not being afraid to still care and respond. You are beautiful. I treasure your prayers and hold them close. Please keep praying. Thank you so much. And I love to pray for you too, so please tell me when you have something that needs covered.
    Also, how do you do the "reader" thing? I'd love to know when you and others blog. Hmmm I'm not so savy when it comes to the blogging stuff. ;O) Thanks precious friend, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Becky,
    Thank you for your kind words. I'm truly humbled that my small efforts of leaving you kind words would be allowed by God to be an answer to your prayers.

    I'm not always the best when it comes to giving directions...but I will try because I know it will encourage you to see when your friends are posting to their blogs. So...here goes...

    Go to the very top of your blog...way out to the right side...it has your e-mail address, then I think it could possibly ask you to sign in...then you will click on Design, then on that page at the top right hand side you should see Dashboard, click on that. Now that you are at the Dashboard, scroll down a bit and on the left you should see words like "Reading List". In that same area, you will see a button that says "Add"...click that and it will come up with a space that you type in the URL of a blog you want to follow...for instance if you wanted to follow mine, you would type http://bitsandpieces-dianna.blogspot.com then click add and it should appear in that list.

    I hope that isn't too confusing for you. Let me know if you have any questions. I have done this from memory, but think it is pretty close to the way it needs done.

    Hope you have a wonderful week. Will be praying for you...and thank you for praying for me.

    ReplyDelete