Friday, July 15, 2022

How did I come out of depression

 May 29

People have asked me how I got out of the deep pit I was in. What changed for me? How did I live through it and get beyond that place? 

Today our pastor said something that summed it up so well for me…

“New life requires a new direction”. 

I had to step into new ways of living even though I wasn’t yet there, in order to get out of the mess I was in. 

As Marc put it… “I needed to move in a new direction to create space from where I was and where I needed to be”. 

The biggest savior for me was my Savior Himself. He somehow kept me alive until I was able to walk forward in His grace. 

He used lots of avenues,  mainly my people to love on me during that time, but it also took me deciding (with God’s and close family/friend’s help) to step forward even when all I could see around me was darkness. 

Eventually, the more I stepped forward, the more the darkness moved behind me instead of all around me. 

It's so hard to explain to someone who's in the dark.. that they have to step forward into a place they can't yet see... it's so hard to do. It was a big step for me though and things seemed to start to change from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment