Saturday, July 2, 2022

ECT Electro Convulsive Shock Treatments

 Oct. 21, 2021. 

1 year ago I was in a struggle for my life. I was in the middle of ECT treatments (electro convulsive therapy) and in and out of the hospital. I was cutting and life felt hopeless. I doubted God and felt life wasn’t worth living.


Its been a slow coming back.
It’s been 9 months since cutting and since being in the hospital.
I still really struggle with anxiety, and I struggle with my faith, but I keep coming back to Jesus.

I didn’t think I would make it and I’m painfully aware of that reality, yet it is not my reality anymore. I am eternally grateful to Jesus and to my family and close friends for walking me through then and for still being there now.

Today I am counting my blessings. I’m alive and most of the time I’m well. I have the most incredible, endearing, dedicated husband, a beautiful family whom I love and who loves me, I have a God who is madly in love with me (even when I feel unlovable and doubt Him). I have a job that I love that challenges me and helps me be better, and on and on.

Being alive is in itself a miracle. Being in a place to appreciate and want to live is another miracle. Being loved by Jesus in the midst of it all is the greatest of all miracles.
I am so grateful.

Why do I share this so publically? Because what is hidden is grounds for satan to keep us from overcoming and also helping one another.
I believe that when we bring our struggles to the light, to Jesus and to each other we can be known by each other, and He can be magnified.
Im also proud the progress I’ve made… it is only by His grace

No comments:

Post a Comment